Friday, February 18, 2011

30 Day Challenge #4


What are your views on religion? 

I myself, believe in God. I was raised in Church and even went to a private Christian high school. There were times when I was so entirely sick of having all of this religion crammed down my throat that I honestly just didn't care. I still believed in God, but stopped going to so many church services. You need a break sometimes to rediscover why you do the things you do. It refreshes you. I mean, church on Sunday mornings and evenings, church Wednesday evenings, bible class 2 days a week, chapel service on Wednesdays and all of the bible studies every day in between is a little tiring after a while. I still go to church, but when I feel that I need a break I take one. I read my bible at home, I pray. I'm not one of those holy rollers who think that everyone is doomed to Hell unless we're in church every time the doors are open. I think religion is something that everyone should discover on their own. Growing up I had many friends of different religions, Hindu, Muslim, Jewish, Mormon, Jehovah's Witness .... They were all very open-minded people and were really great people to have had the pleasure of a friendship with. I learned so much from them and them from me. I think that no matter your religion, your views, it is so important to educate yourself on every religion out there, if not because you're questioning your own, but to defend what you believe as well. Know why you believe what you believe! Be able to explain it to someone who may have questions, we can all learn so much from each other, and believe it or not, we can all live together in peace. It can happen. People just need to learn to be understanding and tolerant, and that certainly goes for Christianity as well. I don't call myself a Christian, just because of the stigma that comes along with it. I do not hate others for being different than me. I do not hold myself above them. I am a firm believer that we all have our right to choose our way to live and even from a biblical stand-point, we all have free will. I would never stop a person's right to choose. I may not march for certain protests because I personally do not support, but that's the point of it all, a life style is a personal choice.

Kisses& Hugs, Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...