Friday, February 18, 2011

2011 goals, so far ....

Remember this?

1. Gather all my books and pack my dresses and get my move on back to my home in the dirty south! It has been an unusual experience living in WV for these past almost 3 years, but now I am oh so ready to go. I've learned a lot and am thankful to a lot of people. I've gained an education with a certification (Eeee! I <3 rhymes)

2. Get my septum pierced. This is kind of a lame goal, but I have wanted to do this since I was 15 years old. I've always been afraid to do it ...It'll hurt, I don't have the right nose for it, what would my Dad say? All of these have prevented me since 18. Well, I'm 23 now and I still want the piercing so I'm going for it!


3. GROW OUT MY HAIR! I've been trying this one for ages. I even had it past my shoulders at one point then lopped it off into fauxhawk. I always love my fauxhawk for about 2 weeks then it starts to grow out and look absolutely ridiculous. As of now it's resting on my shoulders. Going strong! No fauxhawk urges! :D


4. Stick to my work out routine! I'm usually so good about it for a month or so then I skip a day ...then maybe another day then I'm only working out 2 days a week and that just won't do. Fortunately, I've always been a healthy eater so that has benefited me a great deal. Just gotta keep workin' on my fitness.


5. FIND THE PERFECT SWIMSUIT!


6. Go hiking more this year. My husband Chris and I have hiked only a few times since moving up to the mountains and I know once we're back in the big 'ol city we'll regret not seeing more trails. I love hiking and have about 3 spots I want to see before the big move. Got my boots by the door waitin' for a warm sunny day! (yeah, right. ew, winter)


7. Take more cooking adventures! Now, I can bake, and not to toot my own horn, but I've become pretty darn good at it (toot toot). I want to try more intricate "real food" recipes. Good thing I've got a decent sized kitchen, a super sweet husband who will lie to me and tell me my food is scrumptious and my Mom's old cookbooks! :) Let the feast begin!


8. Be a better long distance bff. I know that mi amigas have a lot going on in their lives as well as I do, but letters are a must! I love writing them, even if it's just a silly poem about a unicorn or what I have just said to them on the phone. It's better on paper. They know I love and adore each and everyone of them (at least, I hope they do <3) but I need to display it more. 


 
It's a week shy of two months into the new year, so let's see how I'm doing.

1. That is one I have to wait on. Chris and I have been looking at apartments online until we can get our butts down to GA and go on a real apartment hunt. We've been saving all of our extra for the big move and have even started a moving box collection that is kind of eating half of the apartment. When I look around though, we really don't have that much to move. I expect that this venture will be a snap.

2. Done and done! I finally did it and I LOVE IT! I always turn it up when I am around family though because I just don't want to have to hear how they think this or that. I wish they'd kind of shut up :D

 
3. Well I am still growing my hair out. It was barely resting on my shoulders when I decided that I needed to trim it, and I really did need a trim. Unfortunately, the lady I went to decided that I needed a cute lil' bob, only it wasn't cute. Ugh. I'm still growing it out and working on it. I've been using some excellent shampoo and have been doing conditioning treatments when needed and I have to say, this is the healthiest my hair has ever been. So, I guess this goal is a year long one.

4. Okay, my work-out routine. It's not every day like I planned, but it is going really well. I can even feel a difference already. My body feels tighter and toner and my eating habits (although have always been pretty good) have improved even more and Chris and I have found so many new recipes, that HE ACTUALLY LIKES!

5. Still on a quest.

6. It's still pretty cold out, but on nice days Chris and I are sure to take our 4 mile walk around the town. Sounds kind of painful, but it is the perfect amount up level, uphill and downhill. I love our walks!

7. I have been doing A LOT more cooking and baking, but this is yet another year long goal.

8. I feel like I have improved tremendously. I've been writing a lot more letters and FB chatting and commenting and messaging .... I still totally <3 snail mail and I have been sending more, so I guess I'm doing well with this one too? I guess it's really up to my long distance buddies. So how am I doing? :D

Kisses&Hugs, Tiffany

4 comments:

  1. You look so super cute with your septum pierced. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. slightly jealous of your septum piercing. i would look so dumb with one but you look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are super sweet! I was nervous at first, but I had always wanted it done so I just went for it and I really like it :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...