Yeah, that's a KING SIZE. Don't judge me! It was a KING SIZE bad day. I devoured that whole thing in one sitting, followed by a bowl of Ravoli. Not my proudest moment, but dang! Was it ever delicious. I tried and tried to keep my positive thoughts, but it just wouldn't happen. It's like all the things that have ever annoyed me my whole life happened all at once. GUH. People parked on either side of mine and Chris' driveway so we couldn't get out. We live in an apartment above an office building and have parking lots on either side and PEOPLE CANNOT PARK. Also, my jerk neighbour took his jerk trash out which made his jerk dog follow him and try to gnaw my face off. After I threatened him, he won the battle by taking the biggest jerk doggy poo EVER on my front step. Yeah. After the jerk neighbour and spawn left, I scooped it up with a stick and flung it back in his yard. Thing is, jerk neighbour watched his jerk dog take his jerk poo and didn't stop it/clean it/apologize or get punched in the face!!! After all of that I had to go to the post office (we all know how much I hate those places) and the postman was the biggest jerk EVER. All I was trying to do was send a package to my friend studying in Italy and he REFUSED. No idea why. I'm pretty sure I could get his lame arse fired for that crap too, but I won't, because I'm sweet like that (jerkwad). I had to drive to the next town to send the package that I could have sent from the office right across the street from my apartment. LAME. Especially since gas is at $3.59 a gallon now, every mile counts. Of course the day was filled with gum poppers/smackers (ugh) and whistlers (UGH) on top of everything else so blegh.
3. I have 9 tattoos and 6 piercings.
4. I have 3 favourite colours: orange, purple and yellow.
5. I am addicted to ice cream.
6. I'm a huge Star Trek/Star Wars nerd (Yes, you CAN like both!)
7. My favourite animal is a piggy.
8. I always think that there are monsters under my bed. I seriously cannot walk past it without a light on.
9. I hate spiders and any bug that hops (grasshoppers, crickets ....)
10. I am obsessed with musicals.
11. My first concert was 'Nsync (Yeah, I know, but I effing loved them!)
12. I have BFF tattoos with my BFF Anna <3
26. I own more horror flicks than any other genre.
27. When I was 7 I wanted to grow up to be an opera singer.
28. Artie is my favourite Glee character.
29. I hate Kool-Aid. Once when I was younger my family went on a picnic and a bunch of ants got into my cup and I took a sip only to realize I had dead ants all in my mouth (you may induce vomiting now) and I haven't been able to drink any flavour since.
30. I broke my leg when I was 4. A neighbour girl accidentally hit me on her bicycle while I was picking buttercups.
I rarely buy things brand new, I'm definitely a thrifter and a Goodwill shopper. I love piecing together random things that I find and making them my own. This isn't a "style blog," but I've decided to post a few pictures of my favourite outfits from time to time. I am not a photographer and most of my pictures are taken with a little Nikon Coolpix and/or my iPhone so don't expect anything magical.
I was feeling super girly today so I added some flowers and pink lace and I turned into a TWIRLY girly girl. So twirly. Everything I'm wearing in the photos is second-hand:
This was my unholy list for the day, and I actually got most of it done!
I'm hoping to get Chris' car cleaned tomorrow after work. Then maybe he won't completely trash it? Pft. It was actually nice out and I was hoping to take our walk, but we both got caught up in other things. I swear, laundry is never ending. I finally finished it up about an hour ago. It took ALL day! Now I have the time to finally do # 7.
A time when you thought about ending your own life:
I can honestly say that I have never given this serious thought. Even in the worst of times, when I really couldn't imagine any future, I never considered suicide an option. Most of the close friends I have know about the insanity that is my family and all the bad times in my past. They were hard to overcome and have definitely left me a little damaged, but I can only look up. There is just too much unknown out there. There are so many things to see and do, so many great people to meet. I could never give that up. No matter the situation, things ALWAYS get better. It may take a while, guh, it took years for me, but it will happen and you will be a much stronger person in the end. So I encourage you, if you've ever been in a situation where you really felt like there was nothing left for you, nothing to live for, PLEASE talk to someone. There is always someone who genuinely cares for you and will talk with you. I may not personally know you, but I can honestly say that I love you and you do have a purpose in this world. I want you to stand tall and know that you are AMAZING. You are worth love and a great life!
Guh. Surprise attack cold. I wasn't feeling too great on Saturday and it has just seemed to worsen. I've also been around a TON of kiddos these past few days and as cute as they are, they are total boogery germ-wads. I've been sipping tea to soothe my throat and sucking on a Ricola to suppress my coughing urges. Every hour or so I get up and clean something, but that only lasts about 10 minutes then I have to take a breathing break. SO STUFFY! These rainy days certainly haven't been helping... I'm hoping for a warm sunny weekend. So here's to feeling better *raises giant mug o' tea* !
1. Using a 9 inch pie plate, line the bottom with your crust. You can buy pre-made or make your own .
2. After having rinsed and picked through your berries, pour them onto the pie crust.
3. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until it's almost like a syrup. (I added a little cinnamon to mine) 4. Then pour over your berries. Make sure to try and get evenly spread throughout.
Now to make the crumb topping! You will need:
1/4 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of flour
1/4 cup of butter
Combine all in a bowl and mix it up. At first it can be a little sticky and if that's the case just add a little corn starch. I found it best to mix with my hands, it is also easier to crumble on top of the pie. Nevermind if it still stays a little goopy, it will bake deliciously :D
Bake the pie at 375 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour. Let cool and enjoy!