Sunday, January 16, 2011

"Hey! Those aren't bananas ..."

Well this weekend was interesting to say the least. While at work on Friday I got news that an electrical transformer blew and left Peterstown (where I live), Union, Narrows and Pearisburg without power. We still had power at the salon so I finished up my work day only to head home and see my hubby sitting in the dark being tragically bored. It got really cold, really fast and we were hungry so we headed to Princeton for some food. Well, and heat too.

Of course we stayed way too long enjoying all of the precious warmth and spring rolls (yum!). Afterward, we still didn't want to face our freezing apartment so we went to Walmart. I hate Walmart, but they had heat. We walked around killing time, then decided to drive to Christiansburg so I could get a desk calender. That's A LOT of driving! I hate living in this bumhole town that's so far from everything.

Once we got home we used our Lightsaber to locate candles and put them all over the house. The apartment was so cold! It actually ended up being a fun night. We played Harry Potter Uno by candlelight and snuggled. The power finally came back on at about 3 a.m. Saturday morning though and I could not be more appreciative of all those men working in the cold all night so we could have our power back before expected.

 
Chris definitely dominated at Uno. He won 2 out of 3.

 
I'm not exactly sure why this picture exists. Chris took it while I was putting a hat on.

 
Lightsaber!

 
Aside from it looking rather awesome and it actually just being awesome, we would have had a very difficult time finding our way through the apartment without this thing.

Anyone else have a crazy weekend? Do share! :D

Hugs&Kisses, Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...