Friday, January 21, 2011

Horror Flick Friday

I've decided to share my thoughts on some "scary" movies and seeing as how I have 6 months to kill, I've been watching plenty. Some will be suspenseful, some horribly gory and some that are so lame, they're actually pretty funny. The flick this week is:

The initial attraction to watch this came from the fact that this was one of Brittany Murphy's last films. I did like her as an actress and I thought she was quite underrated most of the time. She could make you laugh as well as cry ...and in this film she gives you goosebumps.

The story is about a writer named Alice (Murphy) who has been having difficulty finishing her screenplay. She goes to stay at an older house owned by a friend and discovers what happened to the former owners.

The plot was a little predictable, but it did have some moments where it actually made me look around my  own apartment just to make sure there wasn't a pyscho killer hiding in the corner. Murphy is really good at holding the suspense, but she does have a problem with mumbling some of her lines which somewhat breaks the illusion. All in all it was an okay movie. I'd recommend it to those of you who freak at the sight of gore and prefer an edge-of-the-seat flick rather than a slasher.


Kisses&Hugs, Tiffany

(All images via Google. I do not own any rights)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...